PTFE sealant / Teflon ® sealant
PTFE sealant or Teflon ® sealant is a flange seal of expanded PTFE virgin. This is a soft and flexible material that excels in sealing rough and damaged surfaces.
PTFE is physiologically inert and may be used in direct contact with food (FDA). The material stands out because of its wide temperature range and temperature resistance. In addition to non-adhesive sealant, we also provide self-adhesive sealant. This facilitates the mounting.
Properties of PTFE sealant
PTFE joint sealant tape has the unique material properties of PTFE virgin (Teflon®):
- It has an excellent chemical resistance;
- It is aging resistant;
- It is UV and weather resistant;
- It has a wide temperature range;
- It is physiologically inert and may be used in direct contact with food (FDA) and
- It complies to the guidelines of regulation (EG) 1935/2004.
Applications of PTFE sealant
In mounted condition, Teflon ® sealant has a very good adaptive capacity and seals well at a wide range of pressures. The PTFE joint sealant tape is also the perfect solution in applications where a high-chemical resistance is required. The product is applied in nearly the entire industry, for example in:
Products of PTFE sealant
We supply the following products out of PTFE joint sealant tape:
|Self-adhesive sealant||On rol|
|Non-adhesive sealant||On rol
Manhole gasket (steam resistant)
Mounting of the PTFE joint sealant tape
The PTFE sealant (and certainly the self-adhesive sealant) can be mounted easily. At first, the surface that needs to be sealed must be evaluated. The subsurface must be clean and the PTFE joint sealant tape must be applied directly to the surface. The ends of the PTFE sealant must overlap and must be cut 2 cm from the intersection. After closing the seal, the bolts must be tightened symmetrically.
Tips for mounting
- If the surface that needs to be sealed is damaged or unequal, sealing can be done by mounting an extra layer of PTFE joint sealant tape to the unequal part.
- For thin flanges, we recommend mounting the sealant in a “s-shaped” to prevent unequal loads of the flanges. This especially applies for fragile flanges.
We are happy to advise you by the assembly of the PTFE sealant. Please contact our sales department!
We excel in the production of custom-made plastic, rubber and polyurethane products.